Table of Contents
All newlywed couples looking for a lover’s paradise for their honeymoon. With all the rituals, people, and events happening one after the other, the honeymoon is the first-time couples get to spend some quality time together. More so, it is the first trip they take after marriage and get to spend the most memorable time of their lives. So, if your wedding bells are about to ring, it is time you start planning for your romantic honeymoon trip. And to do that, we are going to tell you the best honeymoon places in India! Start scrolling to know what the exotic and romantic places are to plan your trip soon!
6 Best Honeymoon Places in India
A honeymoon is always special for any married couple. You get to know your partner better and even an opportunity to spend the most incredible time that you two will cherish all your life.
There are several honeymoon places in the world. And India can be a great choice as the country offers you anything you wish to see. Be it white mountains, green hills, deserts, forests, and much more. So, let us not waste any more time checking out the extraordinary and unique destinations in India. Check out the following:
All honeymoon couples love some tranquil and serene destination to spend their quality time together. And if you are planning your trip to India, Andaman is indeed one of those places to visit. You and your partner can indulge in several exciting activities. It is an island where you and your beloved are sure to have an extraordinary time.
You can visit this secluded island and also spend a wonderful time at the beaches. Since it is a destination that isn’t overcrowded, you can spend quality time together and even not worry about the COVID-19 scenario. The place is sparsely populated, so you would not have to think about social distancing, which is vital to stay safe from the new coronavirus.
Best Experiences at Andaman:
You can spend some quality time with your beloved that the secluded and quiet beaches. Also, don’t miss out on staying at the luxurious resorts. You can also indulge in activities like snorkeling and scuba diving. Andaman also homes several museums and historic places that you are sure to enjoy.
- How to get to Andaman: Andaman has its gateway in Port Blair. You can reach Port Blair by sea or flights. Several flights from Chennai, New Delhi, and Kolkata offer direct landing at Port Blair.
- Approximate Honeymoon Package: An approximate package to visit Andaman is about $250 for each person.
- Recommended Duration for Honeymoon: You can plan your trip around six to 15 days.
- Best Time to Visit: You can visit Andaman from the months of October to May
- Tips for visiting Andaman: It is always best to plan your trip way ahead of time to avoid the rush. Moreover, you will get ample time to do your research work. Remember to avoid eating foods on the street on your trip to Andaman.
Do you and your partner love to spend time at the beaches? Well, then Goa is indeed one of the best honeymoon places in India to visit for you two. It has some exotic beaches with a hippy culture. You can spend drinking some cheap liquor while enjoying the beaches. Some of Goa’s beaches are crowded, but if you prefer a quieter one, you’ll get options for that too. You can visit the shacks by the beaches to enjoy some delicious brunch. Also, don’t miss out on watching the morning sunrise.
And the night is young in Goa! You can carry your dancing shoes to enjoy live music and other fun nightlife activities. Your honeymoon trip is something you are sure to cherish all your life if you are planning to visit Goa. Here is some quick information that will help you plan your honeymoon trip better.
Best Experiences at Goa:
You cannot miss out on trying all the adventurous water sports in Goa. Also, the beaches are good enough to enjoy a quiet and romantic time with your partner. There are plenty of shopping options if you are thinking about getting back small souvenirs for everyone at home. Also, don’t forget to carry your party clothes because the nightlife in Goa is amazing.
- How to get to Goa: You can land at the Dabolim airport that is located only 29 kilometers away from Panjim, the capital of Goa. You can also access Thivim and Madgaon through rail to Goa.
- Approximate Honeymoon Package: The approximate budget to visit Goa is around $235 for each person.
- Recommended Honeymoon Duration: You can plan your trip to Goa for about five to 10 days.
- Best Time to Visit: You can plan your trip from the months of October to February.
- Tips for visiting Goa: You can always plan your trip beforehand to avoid the surge of flight tickets. But when it comes to booking your hotels, you can do the final booking when you reach Goa.
What is more fascinating than spending your romantic time in front of the Taj Mahal? It is the manifestation of eternal love, and visiting this epitome is extraordinary. You can count Agra amongst India’s unique honeymoon destinations that you and your beloved are sure to love. It is a destination that gives you vibes of the Mughal heritage romance and is one of the best getaway places from Uttar Pradesh and New Delhi. You will surely enjoy the work of architecture and feel the warmth of love from every wall of the Taj Mahal. Here are some quick tips that might help you plan your trip to one of the best honeymoon places in India.
Best Experiences in Agra:
The Taj Mahal is the biggest attraction and the sole reason to plan your trip to Agra. You can book your stay at the luxurious resorts and also visit the palaces and ancient forts. Also, you can book guides who will give you a brief regarding the Mughal history. Your stay in Agra is sure to give you and your beloved a royal romantic feel.
- How to get to Agra: You can land at the Kheria Airport that is a seasonal airport in Agra. However, you can always land in New Delhi and take a car to Agra. There are several railway options that have routes from Delhi- Mumbai and Chennai.
- Approximate Package for Honeymoon: You will require around $70 a day for each person.
- Recommended Honeymoon Duration: You can plan your trip to Agra only for three to five days.
- Best Time to Visit: You can plan your trip to Agra from October to February.
- Tips for visiting Agra: It is always best to visit Agra during winter. Also, try to reach the place when the place is not too crowded. And avail the southern side gate to keep away from long queues.
Jaisalmer counts among the top 5 honeymoon places in India. If you and your partner love to experience the Arabian nights, then Jaisalmer is one of the best choices to plan your trip. Jaisalmer lies in the center of the Thar Desert and oozes with tradition, culture and is a perfect honeymoon spot. You can count this place as one of the unique honeymoon destinations in India too. The people of this place wear colorful attires that are sure to attract you. More so, you will find the locals of this place to friendly and extremely humble.
Best Experiences in Jaisalmer:
You can visit the palaces and forts when you are in Jaisalmer. Also, don’t forget to visit the Palace of Wheels, sand dunes and go on a desert safari. The festivals, art, craft, dance, and music are sure to attract anyone who visits this place.
- How to Get to Jaisalmer: You can land that the Jodhpur airport. Then you can reach Jaisalmer by car or train.
- Approximate Honeymoon Package: The approximate budget per person is almost $100 for each person for a day. But it is best you keep in mind that the budget does not include flight tickets and staying in luxurious hotels.
- Recommended Honeymoon Duration: You can plan your trip to Jaisalmer from six to seven days.
- Best Time to Visit: You can plan your trip to Jaisalmer from the months of October to March.
- Tips for visiting Jaisalmer: It is always best to plan your trip to Jaisalmer during the winter months. Also, don’t forget to go on a camel ride and check out the Jaisalmer Fort.
When you are looking for the best honeymoon places in India, then you cannot miss out on Sikkim. It lies in the heart of Khangchendzonga that holds some exotic beauty.
Most honeymoon couples love to choose Sikkim to spend their romantic time together. It is the northeastern side of India that possesses a calm, serene and tranquil beauty.
Sikkim is a land that possesses white mountains that attracts all couples to build memories that they will cherish all their life. Although Sikkim attracts tourists all through the year, it is never too overcrowded. So, you can spend quality time with your beloved amidst the exotic beauty. The landscapes, monasteries, and culture are sure to make anyone fall in love with this state.
Best Experiences in Sikkim
You can enjoy the magnificent sunrise and views of the Himalayan range. Also, you can try out trekking if you and your partner love it. Also, the monasteries and statues are beautiful that you two are sure to enjoy. The state also encourages organic farming, so apart from spending a romantic time, you can think and eat healthy too!
- How to get to Sikkim: You can land at the Bagdogra airport and take a car to any of the hill stations in Sikkim. And if you prefer the rails, your stop is New Jalpaiguri, and take a car to go up to Sikkim.
- Approximate Package for Honeymoon: You can avail yourself of the honeymoon packages in India that cover Sikkim. It will approximately be around $350 for two persons for five days.
- Recommended Honeymoon Duration: You can plan your trip for about five to six days to Sikkim.
- Best Time to Visit: You can plan your trip to Sikkim all year round.
- Tips to visit Sikkim: You need to carry your passport and other ID details when you are visiting Sikkim.
The southern part of India also holds some picturesque destinations. And one of them is Munnar in Kerala. You can vouch for Munnar as one of the best honeymoon places in India. The entire hill station holds a green landscape that is carpeted with tea plantations. More so, they are contoured, sculpted, and clipped as an ornamental hedge.
When you are with your beloved, you are sure to relive the fancy romantic stories in real. The serene exotic beauty is sure to captivate the love for you. It is absolutely refreshing and pleasing. So, if you want to spend some lovely time with your partner, Munnar is the place to be!
Best Experiences in Munnar:
You can enjoy the wildlife, Eravikulam National Park, and even pay visits to the tea gardens. Don’t miss out on visiting the Western Ghats. The hills and roadside cafes are indeed the places for you to be!
- How to get to Munnar: You can land in Cochin that is the closest airport to Munnar. And if you wish to travel by rail, you need to land at Aluva and then take a ride for 110 kilometers to reach Munnar.
- Recommended Package for Honeymoon: You can avail yourself the packages that start around $110 for each person.
- Approximate Honeymoon Duration: It is best you plan your trip to Munnar for five to six days.
- Best Time to Visit: You can visit Munnar from the months of October to February.
- Tips to visit Munnar: When you are in Munnar, do visit the Tea Museum at Nallathanni Estate.
So, as we come to the end of our blog today, have you decided which of the best honeymoon places in India have you chosen? Well, when you have chosen the destination to plan your romantic trip, start researching about these places. Also, don’t forget to take all the necessary precautions when you are visiting the honeymoon destination with your beloved! And don’t forget to let us know in the comment section which is the place you chose for your honeymoon!