Many people wonder what is the tattoo that women in India have on their hands or feet. This tattoo is known as Mehndi designs. Yes, as you read: an designs with its own meaning. There are many and varied forms that these Indian tattoos adopt and each of their forms has a reason. Let us tell you more about the wonderful Mehndi designs.
Mehndi designs is a tattoo that is made by applying the extract of the plant known as Henna and that is widely used to decorate the skin not only in India, but that it is also practiced in several Asian countries. However, this designs was born in India, specifically in Rajasthan, Punjab and Gujarat. In India the Mehndi tattoo is considered as a popular designs that, in the tradition of this country, is applied to Hindu brides hours before the wedding and, in some cases, came to replace jewelry in families that could not assume the clothing costs, that is why sometimes the designs emulated garments, bracelets and rings.
Best Awesome Mehndi Designs For Wedding :
Mehndi designs not only represents a wedding design or the replacement of garments and rings as we have already commented, but it is also considered an act to honor the goddesses. In the Hindu tradition, women represented the most important goddess of civilization and used to symbolize both fertility and abundance in communities. According to the belief of the Hindus, women use Henna Mehndi’s tattoo as part of a sacred ritual and say that it will make happiness, harmony and abundance prosper. In festival periods it is very easy to find women with various henna tattoo designs on the hand and / or feet. They are especially beautiful, but they also have an important meaning in the beliefs of these women.
Mehandi Designers In India:
Mehandi is the traditional art of henna painting in India and the Middle East. In Indian mehendi, a person traditionally applies designs to the hands and feet of a woman. The most auspicious occasion that guarantees Mehandi works of art is the Indian wedding, where both the bride and the groom apply henna, as well as several members of the bridal party. All the Mehendi artists mentioned above are professional Mehndi designers in India who can contact them for any occasion and make it more memorable.
Top and Simple Mehndi designs :
Each design has a specific meaning. Here is a list of the most important designs that are used:
- The Indian tattoo design in zig zag represents rain and its meaning is fertility and abundance according to the Hindu tradition.
- The waveform usually represents, as it could not be otherwise, running water, which purifies and brings life in abundance, so it is associated with human emotions.
- The meaning of the square is for healing and protection against any disease. In addition, Hindus consider it a magical symbol.
- The peacock represents beauty.
- The swan is very important for Hindu women because it represents success.
- The bird symbolizes the existence of messengers between heaven and earth.
- The butterflies in this culture involve transformation.
- Parrots are the messengers of love
- Fireflies represent rebirth, a new life.
- Fish represent the eyes of a woman.
- Pretty flowers symbolize joy and happiness.
- It is also common to find women who draw stems and plant leaves on their henna tattoos, which are specific designs that represent longevity, devotion, perseverance, intertwined lives and vitality.
- If you see henna tattoos on the hand with lizards and snakes, you should know that these are the lighting seekers.
- The turtle is protection and fertility.
- The lotus flower represents peace and inner light, the awakening of the human soul. It also symbolizes grace, beauty, creativity, sensuality and purity.
- The Sahasrara, a thousand-petalled Lotus, represents the unity of the soul with tthe “divine source.”
- The Sun, the Moon and the stars are long and deep love between lovers.
- The Paisleys represent fertility and good luck in professional and family life.
- The eye in an Indian tattoo drives away the evil eye.
Mehndi Design Types of Related Searches:
- How to make mehndi designs
- Hand mehndi designs
- Best mehndi designs
- Cute mehndi designs for hands
- Full hand mehndi designs
- Images of mehndi designs
Mehndi, also known as henna worldwide, is a paste often associated with good fortune and positivity. It is one of the oldest forms of human body art. Women and girls load their hands and feet with this paste on auspicious occasions. Be it weddings or festivals such as Diwali, Bhai Dooj, Teej or Eid, Mehendi is a much appreciated way of immersing yourself in the feelings of celebration for most girls. While some women faint for their aromatic fragrance, others love their hands adorned with beautiful and intricate mehendi designs. But now, as time progresses, it is common for men to also apply mehendi.
Nowadays anyone who wants to get a tattoo with henna on their hands or feet can do it regardless of whether they are Hindu or not, since Mehndi’s designs is found in various parts of the world. What is clear is that if you go to India you will have to try this experience and even some people say they feel at peace after getting a tattoo in India and also that the body temperature stays low while Henna’s painting is on the skin.