Vancouver is known for its beautiful skyline and provides travelers with numerous activities from amazing dining options to sites. As a business traveler, you may not have free time to see too many sites but you want to make sure you still have a relaxing and fun time. We have the insights to ensure you do just that. But before you embark on your business trip, be sure to look into visitors to Canada insurance and get yourself covered.
Where to Stay in Vancouver?
For business travelers when it comes to hotels, comfort is key. You want to make sure that after your meetings, you can return to the hotel and relax. The following hotels are considered to be top destinations for business travelers:
- Opus Vancouver: One of Vancouver’s first boutique hotels, Opus offers business travelers the comfort they want. It has spa bathrooms in every room, and you get access to a fitness gym. The hotel also has exceptional dining options including La Pentola, which will make you feel like you are in Tuscany and not British Columbia.
- Shangri-La Vancouver: Located in the heart of Vancouver, the hotel is in one of the tallest buildings in Vancouver. You get a beautiful view of the city from every room. You also have the option to opt for a Chi spa as well as different massages to help you relax on your business trip.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia: Rosewood Hotel Georgia is a historic hotel, which opened in 1927. It is home to one of the most upscale restaurants, The Hawksworth, and offers amazing views of the Vancouver skyline.
Where to Dine in Vancouver?
When it comes to food, everyone has different taste buds. However, there are some restaurants that everyone enjoys. The following restaurants in Vancouver will satisfy any taste buds:
- Savio Volpe: If you are craving Italian, look no further than Savio Volpe. The restaurant uses fresh ingredients and has a menu filled with homemade pasta and grilled meat. You get a generous portion and the interior isn’t like most Italian fine dining restaurants you find.
- Hy’s Steakhouse & Cocktail Bar: The interior for Hy’s Steakhouse is like any other steakhouse, but the food is far superior. They offer steaks of beef that have been aged for 28 days. The meat is cooked to perfection to the temperature you prefer. It will surely be one of the best steaks you ever eat.
- Bao Bei: Vancouver has numerous Chinese options, but Bao Bei is on top of many lists. They have an extensive menu of different Chinese dishes with the Shao Bing and beef tartare really standing out.
How to Get Around in Vancouver?
Vancouver has a reliable public transportation system. You have the option to travel on buses which run from 5 AM to 1 AM. There are limited services after that time. You also have the option to travel through SkyTrain, which offers services from downtown Vancouver to the suburbs. You can pay for the transportation services by cash or buy passes. They offer different types of passes including an unlimited DayPass.
With this, we wish you the best of luck on your business trip to Vancouver.
Bob Hornal is the founder and President of Best Quote Travel Insurance in Vancouver, British Colombia, Canada. With over 15 years of experience as a financial advisor, Bob has traveled to more than 30 incredible countries and has dealt with a multitude of difficult situations including flight delays, medical emergencies, and weather damage, making Bob an expert at traveling.
His dream is to inspire and inform those who wish to travel by including his personal experiences and professional knowledge in each piece he writes.