Have you or someone in your family been diagnosed with cancer? Cancer is considered to be one of the deadliest diseases, but thanks to science and medical research that made an early diagnosis for cancer easy. Any type of cancer can be cured if diagnosed at the right time and then be taken care of by an expert oncologist from a good cancer hospital.
Banglore is blessed to have some of the best cancer hospitals in India where highly trained healthcare experts and oncologists practice the most advanced cancer treatment therapies. From early cancer screening to robotic surgery to bone marrow transplants, these hospitals for cancer treatment in Bangalore have done wonders in the field of oncology.
How to find the best hospital for cancer treatment in Bangalore
Anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer would opt to find a hospital with a greater success rate. This success rate depends on the experience of oncologists, hospital infrastructure, healthcare assistants, therapists, techniques, and other factors. In essence, effective cancer treatment is the outcome of great teamwork and a holistic approach. Here are a few factors that you should consider while searching for the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore:
- First of all, your patient needs to see a doctor who specializes in cancer treatment. An oncologist is a doctor who is specially trained to diagnose and treat cancer. Based on the type of cancer, treatment, and procedures oncology is further categorized under medical oncology, radiation oncology, and surgical oncology. Bangalore is fortunate enough to have some of the best cancer specialists in India, make sure you find a hospital that has an experienced team of multi-disciplinary oncologists (surgical, medical, and radiation oncologists).
- Bangalore is home to the best cancer treatments where top-notch cancer procedures are practiced using cutting-edge technology in dedicated cancer care centers. Depending on the stage and type of cancer, various cancer treatment therapies like radiation therapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, chemotherapy, and other procedures are determined by the experts. Make sure the hospital you are visiting has avails treatment for your cancer type and has an expert oncologist who is trained in these advanced cancer therapies.
- Make sure you find a hospital that employs an experienced panel of oncologists, healthcare providers, and therapists. More the experience the better the treatment.
- There is still more to find and explore in the field of oncology and modern cancer treatments are advancing day by day with the advent of new machines, medications, surgical procedures, techniques, and therapies. The best cancer hospitals in Bangalore are already using top-notch cancer treatment therapies and the most advanced techniques, make sure you find a great hospital that practices the latest and tested approaches for cancer treatment.
- Further, you can look for a multispecialty cancer care center that employs specialists for your type of cancer. For example, if your patient is diagnosed with breast cancer, oncologists who specialize in breast oncology will be able to figure out what would be the best approach to cure cancer to ensure a speedy recovery. In Bangalore, you can find some of the best breast oncologists, gynecological oncologists, uro-oncologists, hematologists, neuro, head, and neck oncologists who have acquired great expertise in their specified fields. Make sure your patient finds a specialist in the hospital you are visiting.
- As we stated earlier, successful cancer treatment is the outcome of great teamwork and a holistic approach, make sure the hospital must avail best diagnosis department (Ultrasound, radiography, pathology, histology, core biopsy, MRI, PET CT), best cancer treatment therapies (surgery, chemotherapy, targeted therapy, immunotherapy, laser, hormonal therapy, radiation therapy), along with a team of sympathetic paramedics who can take care of your patient while helping to deal with trauma both mentally and physically.
Top Cancer Hospitals In Bangalore – Superspeciality Cancer Treatment
Here we have compiled a list of the best cancer hospitals in Bangalore that promise to take care of your patient in guidance of expert oncologists:
Manipal Hospital, Bangalore
Manipal Hospital (HAL Airport Road) is one of the top hospitals in Bangalore with a great track record and success rate. It has a dedicated cancer care center that has cured hundreds of cancer patients in recent years. Manipal Hospital, Bangalore is a NABH and ISO 9001:2000 certified center which has a bedding capacity of 600 beds.
The clinical and pathological laboratories in Manipal Hospitals are accredited by NABL standards which remain functional 24 hours and are equipped with state-of-art screening machines and equipment. Immediate pick and drop ambulance services and operative cancer services are also available on a 24/7 basis. A dedicated blood bank is also present on the premises.
This hospital is equipped with top-notch diagnosis machines and practices the most advanced techniques in treatment such as image intensifier machines in its radiology division. The hospital is blessed to have a multispeciality team of cancer specialists like Medical Oncologist, Oncosurgeon, Musculoskeletal Oncosurgeon, Hematologist, Therapeutic Oncologist, Radiation Oncologist, and cancer therapists.
Apollo Hospital, Bangalore
The multispeciality Apollo Hospital is situated in Jayanagar East (Jayanagar 1st Block), Bangalore. This 150-bedded hospital is NABH accredited and all its clinical and pathological laboratories are NABL certified. This hospital boasts of the largest team of cancer care experts in Bangalore which comprises 125+ surgical, hematology, therapeutic, and radiation cancer specialists.
Well equipped with cutting-edge technology and state-of-art infrastructure, Apollo Hospital, Bangalore is a reputed cancer care center that is listed in the top 5 cancer hospitals in India. For example, the diagnosis department of Apollo Hospital is equipped with the most advanced machines like a 64 slice spiral CT scanner and 1.5 T MRI.
Apollo Hospital’s team of cancer care experts comprises the best oncologists of India who specialize in hematology, cytology, histopathology, head and neck, bones, throat, mouth cancer, etc. Cath lab, 24-hour pick & drop ambulance service, post-traumatic counseling, physiotherapy arrangements, and the blood bank is also available within the premises.
Fortis Hospital, Bangalore
Fortis group is a reputed name in India’s medical industry with over 56 hospital branches spanning across the country. This hospital is situated at Bannerghatta Road. Fortis Hospital is acclaimed to practice the most advanced technologies such as introducing HIFU technology for prostate cancer in India for the first time. The best thing about cancer treatment here is the experts devise individualized treatment plans for every patient.
This 276-bedded hospital is accredited by JCI standards and has a dedicated clinic for bone marrow transplant procedures. Backed with behavioral scientists, nutritionists, psychologists, palliative care specialists & physiotherapists, the cancer care team of Apollo Hospital, Bangalore ensures your patient’s speedy recovery.
Equipped with modern techniques like robotic surgery and advanced linear accelerator, Apollo Hospital caters to the most advanced clinical practices and multi-disciplinary approaches like Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Surgical Oncology, and Bone Marrow Transplant.
Aster CMI Hospital, Bangalore
Aster CMI is situated in Hebbal, Bangalore, and is internationally acclaimed as the top choice for cancer patients across the globe. By offering evidence-based treatment the team of oncologists at Aster CMI Hospital ensure a greater success rate in cancer treatment.
This 500-bedded hospital is accredited by NABH standards and all its clinical and pathological labs are certified by NABL. For faster recovery, minimal-invasive surgeries are done here with robotic assistance (Da Vinci Robotic System). Aster CMI is Bangalore’s first cancer hospital to introduce ORI Fusion Digital Integrated Operation Theaters.
Using the hospital’s official OneAstor app, one can Book instant appointments or eConsult with cancer care experts. The app can be downloaded from AppStore or PlayStore. Patients can have a virtual tour to assess the facilities before actually visiting the hospital.