Singing is an awesome activity, not only for kids but also for adults. There are so many experiments going on, on music and its effects. And listening to your child singing in that sweet tone of their tender age voice can be the most beautiful experience of your life. Singing has many benefits especially in early childhood and if kids are given chance and proper training then in future, they can do much more than parent’s expectation too in this field. The best time to learn singing is at a young age. Now when this ability of singing collaborates with words of poems and rhymes then this collaboration makes a great duo to enjoy for kids. For example, not only kids but adults also remember the “twinkle-twinkle little star” poem even today and undoubtedly the main reason is its sweet poetic tune which even we remember till this age. Many parents and teachers also think a lot about how to make kids take interest in reading poems and rhymes and the answer is to make the kids read in lyrical verses. Singing poems make the kids remember those sweet lullabies which they were fond of when they were infants and use the sound of sleep to hear it. That’s why they like learning how to sing.
These days online learning is in fast trend and even school management appreciate integration of singing and poetic ways to teach small kids whether offline classes or through online classes app. During the online learning process, even when teachers teach through an online classes app, they try their best to teach in singing rhymes so that small kids can take interest in online learning too and school management ensures collaboration of such interactive methods to be used to teach kids.
So, let’s discuss the benefits of singing for the kids and how Singing Benefits Kids:
- Singing is that activity which has multiple effects on different parts of the human brain. This activity impacts on behavioural conducts and emotionalism of the child. This process includes many such factors which are actually necessary for learning, like remembering the lyrics, memorizing the tune and maintaining the timing. Scientific studies say that singing improves the memory power of kids and simultaneously they learn to balance and control their thoughts as per standard of right and wrong. It improves the ability of kids to learn and can be a therapeutic process to de-stress the kids whenever they are sad or angry over anything.
- We often get surprised to see small kids playing Tabla or piano or singing but don’t be surprised because kids catch music more easily than language. This activity has been proven to be more efficient in improving communication skills. Not to speak of kids and humans, even animals respond humanly towards sweet music, so do the kids. While learning singing kids learn time management because it is most important part of singing, also learning as they have to learn lyrics and concentration also so that they could not miss any beat of tune.
- Singing uses a vocal cord which functions mostly on the basis of breath and air we breathe in and exhale. Hence when someone sings the use of vocal cord increases and there happens an exercise related to breathing and due to which the child never suffers with any respiratory allergy and breathing mechanism of the child works always well.
- Singing is the best remedy to stress, if one is suffering through stress as kids also go through this phase doesn’t matter the reason may be to get good grades or so much expectations of parents and teachers, singing always soothes the mind and heart and students and kids can concentrate on their studies well due to it.
- Singing is a kind of performance which is done alone or in front of a mob. It always demands self-confidence and once the child becomes comfortable with singing then he develops a good level of self-confidence in himself and can face any kind of hurdle whether in academic or personal life.
- Singing is a cognitive process. This is a little technical step to understand, whenever the kid tries to sing or sings the song, he or she continuously focuses on what lyrics he/she has to sing and at what notes he/she has to sing high or low. Hence this focus helps kids to develop their concentration level