Table of Contents
Roblox is a fantastic platform where you can play games developed by individuals worldwide. Although Roblox does not charge any money to join, they have a recurring payment option that automatically gets activated if you purchase a premium subscription for the first time. Let us find out how to cancel Roblox premium for the times you wish to discontinue.
Think of purchasing a premium subscription to try for a month, and you automatically get charged for the next month. Nobody wants that.
That’s why canceling the premium subscription is essential. Luckily, the process is not very difficult, but it differs for every platform. This article explains the right process for canceling the Roblox premium for Windows, Mac, Android, iPad, and Apple TV.
It’s not a huge task, and the cancellation process is easy to complete within a few minutes. Make sure you follow the article’s instructions to save yourself from unnecessary deductions on your bank account.
What is Roblox premium?
Earlier Roblox used to provide Builders Club, Turbo Builders Club, and Outrageous Builders Club as their membership plans. Each plan came with a special Builders Hat accessory and allowed you to make your games, obtain special items, and receive a daily Robux payout.
However, in 2019 the company updated its membership plans into three different categories.
- The $4.99-per-month premium
- The $9.99-per-month premium
- The $19.99-per-month premium
All these plans provide some similar yet different benefits. Some benefits include special Avatar Shop items and discounts, Ten percent more Robux when you purchase the currency directly from Roblox Corporation, and the ability to trade items. A premium subscription allows you to cash out Robux for real-world cash using the Developer Exchange.
Likewise, if you don’t have a Roblox Premium account, the platform will ask you to pay Robux to create in-game shirts and other items. While if you have a Roblox Premium account, you are allowed upload as many shirts as you want, with the option of selling those cosmetics to other users on the platform.
With Roblox Premium, you get big discounts on purchasing items. You get a 25 percent discount on a few items. With the discounts and the benefits, Roblox premium is worth trying.
However, if you don’t want to continue with premium, these methods will explain how to cancel Roblox premium so that you don’t get charged for an unwanted application.
1. How to cancel Roblox premium through a web browser?
One of the easiest ways to cancel the premium membership is to login into your web browser and cancel it. Follow these steps:
- Open your browser and log in to the same account from which you have purchased the premium membership
- Check the top left corner of your screen and find the gear option to open settings
- Click on that gear option and search for the billing option
- Here, you will find the cancel renewal option. Use that option to cancel the plan and follow prompts until the subscription is completely canceled
That’s it! Wait until you get a notification that your subscription is canceled, and you won’t get charged further. Roblox also updates you the same via email or text message.
The process is pretty easy, and you can do it from any web browser using any platform like Windows, Apple, Android, or more.
The process about how to cancel Roblox builders club is the same!
2. How to cancel Roblox premium on Android?
Canceling Roblox premium on Android is a bit tricky, and that’s why most people get confused and ask how to cancel Roblox premium on Android.
It’s tricky because you need to purchase memberships on Android through the Roblox mobile app via Google Play. Such memberships are recurring by default and automatically renewed using the original payment method at the end of their term. However, you get the option to cancel at any time before the renewal date.
Don’t worry, your subscription won’t immediately end after canceling it. You will continue to receive membership benefits for the remainder of the already paid time. It’s better to cancel it instead of being charged for later when you have time.
Follow these steps to cancel your subscription on Android:
- Open your mobile app and log in to the account you wish to cancel the subscription
- On top of the app, you will find a bell (notifications) icon and open that
- Now, select the gear icon to find several other options
- Find and open the billing option, then select the cancel renewal button
Wait until the process completes. Possibly within a minute, your premium subscription will be cancelled, and won’t charge you further.
3. How to cancel Roblox premium on iPhone?
Either you can follow the process we explained for Android. You need to log in to your Roblox application and complete the process we explained above. Or Apple provides another option where you don’t have to visit the Roblox app, and you can directly manage all your subscriptions using your device settings.
Follow these steps to cancel Roblox premium on iPhone:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone
- You will find your name; tap it to open other options
- Now tap subscriptions, and you get the list of purchased subscriptions of all apps
- Tap the one you want to manage. For this method, Tap on Roblox
- Finally, tap cancel the subscription
This will cancel your Roblox premium subscription. For confirmation, you can visit the app and check if the settings are applied. It works!
4. How to cancel Roblox premium on iPad?
The process to cancel the Roblox premium subscription on iPhones and iPad is just the same. Follow the above instructions on your iPad to get rid of the premium plan.
You get three options to cancel. Web browser, Roblox app, or iPad settings, anything would work. Just make sure you follow the process as we instructed.
5. How to cancel Roblox premium on Mac
Although the company is the same, the process to cancel a Roblox subscription on Mac is much different from the process you follow on an iPad/iPhone. But it’s easy and will be completed within five steps.
Follow these steps to cancel your Roblox premium on a Mac:
- It would help if you opened the App Store
- Now, click the sign-in button or your name at the bottom of the sidebar
- You will find a view information option at the top of the window
- It might ask you to sign in
- On the next page, scroll until you see Subscriptions
- Open Roblox and then click Manage
- Click the edit option next to the subscription to get other options
- Finally, click cancel the subscription
If somehow you don’t see the option, your subscription is already canceled and won’t renew again.
Either you can follow this process to cancel or try canceling your plan using the application or web browser. Anything will do.
6. How to cancel Roblox premium on Windows?
Most people get confused with canceling the subscription using Windows, but it’s simple. Windows don’t provide the option to cancel subscriptions using a device setting like a Mac.
In this case, you are left with only two options:
- Log in to your Roblox account using a web browser and cancel your premium plan. Check step number one for details.
- You can also cancel the subscription using the application (if you use it). Check step number Two for details.
Canceling a Roblox subscription on windows is the easiest task. Make sure you follow the instructed process and wait until you receive a confirmation. Also, you may refresh the page to recheck.
7. How to cancel Roblox premium on Apple Tv?
If gaming is your passion and you use an Apple TV to play your favorite Roblox games, you need to follow these steps to cancel your subscription plan on the platform successfully.
The process is different from the ones we learned till now, and you must have the Roblox app installed on your tvOS. Also, for Apple TV (3rd or earlier generations), they ask you to use an iOS, iPadOS device, or computer to manage your subscriptions.
- This process is only applicable to the tvOS of the 4th and 5th
- Find and open the settings option on your Apple TV
- Select Users & Accounts, then select your account
- Select the subscriptions option
- Choose Roblox, then select cancel subscription. If somehow you don’t find the cancel subscription, the subscription is already canceled and won’t renew automatically
The process is simple. You cannot complete it using a web browser for your Apple TV. If you are confused with the process, log in to your account using any platform we discussed and cancel your subscription. It still works!
Will my Roblox membership automatically renew?
It depends, and your membership plan may be automatically recurring. You need to check it to be sure. Follow these steps to check the details of the premium plan:
Using a browser
- Log in to the Roblox account from where you purchased the membership
- Open the gear icon on the top right corner
- Open Settings and then open billing
- Check your membership status, Expiration date, or Renewal date for confirmation.
Using a mobile application
- Open your app and log in to the account from where the Roblox membership is.
- Tap on the three-dots icon in the lower right sections of your screen.
- Tap Settings and then tap Billing
- Check your membership status, Expiration date, or Renewal date for confirmation.
By using these methods, you can be sure about your subscription type and cancel it when you still have time. It saves your money.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We found most of you were confused and asked similar questions. We piled all those questions to prepare this list of Frequently Asked Questions. Surely, you will find your answer:
1. What if you don’t see the cancel button?
There can be various reasons you don’t see the cancel option for your subscriptions. Make sure you troubleshoot possible problems:
- Maybe you are logged into another account different from the one with an active premium plan.
- The cancel option is only available on the payment method you purchased the membership. It won’t work on your Xbox.
- Check for your recurring membership plan.
- Your membership may have expired or was canceled already beforehand.
- You might forget to renew the payment method.
2. How much does Roblox charges for a premium subscription?
Roblox discontinued its old builder’s plan, and currently, the platform offers three plans.
These plans have some common benefits and enhanced benefits based on their price. Check details before you purchase.
3. Can I cancel Roblox premium anytime?
Yes, you can cancel your Roblox premium subscription anytime you want. Suppose you purchased a subscription on 10th April and canceled it on 30th April. Still, you will continue to receive the premium benefit until 9th May. Every plan has a validity of one month on Roblox.
4. What happens if you cancel your premium plan on Roblox?
Your recurring payments get canceled, so the website won’t automatically charge you without your permission. You need to purchase the new plan to re-activate the recurring payments.
5. How do I stop Roblox from charging my credit card?
It doesn’t happen automatically, but if you see any unauthorized charges on your Credit/Debit card, PayPal, or Google Play account, please immediately contact Customer Support before disputing any charges. Because Roblox states that once a charge is disputed, a refund cannot be issued due to the payment service provider’s dispute process.
You need to follow these few processes to cancel your Roblox premium subscription. If you are looking for the easiest one, we recommend using the web browser because it’s simple. Log in to your account on the Roblox website and cancel the recurring plan.
Do we hope now you understand the exact process of canceling the premium on Roblox? Please feel free to comment with your questions.